Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bell Ridge


Ron, Chris, Carl and I rode up Trabuco and down Bell Ridge last Sunday. What a day! The climb up Trabuco was tough but doable. My pre-holiday legs just couldn't spin up all the loose sections, so I walked a bit. When we reached the top of Trabuco we made the familiar climbs to Pinos Peak. This is where we geared up for the descent and - oh my gosh - what a descent. Bell Ridge is amazing. Many thanks to those who worked on this trail. It is in such good shape. I can't say enough about this trail. It begins with an out-of-this-world descent through the trees, then climbs and drops along the exposed ridge for several more miles. There was one gut-busting hike-a-bike. Then there were several controlled slide sections, followed by shorter climbs and a couple steep, on the verge of, uncontrolled slide sections. It was truly on out of body experience. We finished on the super steep BGR trail, which is sort of like luge riding on a 30% grade. Wow. I've been buzzing all week about this ride.

No comments: